In order to evaluate the progress of Madani children, assessments are conducted on half yearly basis. These assessments provide a tool to evaluate the overall learning and improvement in Madani children.
There are two terms each year, First Term and Final Term. In pre-primary the assessments are conducted with the help of assessment sheets prepared by the teachers and finalized by the examination department. There are set marking procedures according to the curriculum. Students are more likely to be motivated to make improvements. Grading and promotion to the next level is based mainly on the class teacher’s daily assessment of each student against specific criteria. Student’s general awareness, comprehension and communicative ability, rate of mental and physical development, age, are all factors that must be taken into consideration. Salient features of our assessment systems are as follow:
- Marking involves both written and verbal feedback.
- Marking is a mixture of praise and constructive criticism.
- Marking is linked to learning objectives/targets.
- A proper file is maintained for both the Terms.
- Syllabus and timetable are sent to the parents in advance; at least before 15 days.
Parents are informed about the class performance and other activities of their Madani children through assessment file and report card. If the child’s progress does not meet the school expectation, he/she may be asked to stay back in the same class.